Monday, September 14, 2009

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=989044

Izre-ill
Why this name?
Izre-ill, pronounced "Israel," has a few meanings for me.

First, "Israel" was the name given to Jacob after he had wrestled with God in Genesis. He struggled, prevailed, and was blessed. Before the choosing of this name, I was struggling greatly with my faith, and I guess you could say I "fought" with God. But in the end, I drove on and have been blessed by God now that I am back in His presence. In a sense, the changing of my name from J-Dragonz to Izre-ill marks the new start I have with Christ.

Second, "Israel" was the name given by God to God's chosen. God has chosen me in various ways to do different things, and I feel that pursuing music and using it to spread His Gospel is one of these.

Third, the play on the name "Israel," "Iz re-ill,", meaning "Is ill again" marks my rebirth and re-entrance into this rap game after taking a four year hiatus from the hip-hop scene. It is also a play on being "born-again" in reference to Christianity, as I touched on in the first point.

No comments:

Post a Comment